Monday, August 20, 2012

SummerSlam Prediction Results

Santino Marella vs Antonio Cesaro
Predicted Winner: Santino Marella
Actual Winner: Antonio Cesaro 0-1
I did not get a chance to watch this match, but I honestly think the WWE made the right call.  Let this be something for Cesaro to build on.  Santino doesn't need a title, although it was nice to seem him win the title.  Every once in a while the WWE gets something correct when it comes to younger talent.

Dolph Ziggler vs Chris Jericho
Predicted Winner: Dolph Ziggler
Actual Winner: Chris Jericho 0-2
In what was a good match, Y2J finally delivered in a big match.  I like the result and I am very interested in seeing how everything plays out with this result.  As we know Jericho is soon to be leaving to head back out on tour, so it was odd that they had him go over Ziggler, but I have no complaints.

Kane vs Daniel Bryan
Predicted Winner: Daniel Bryan
Actual Winner: Daniel Bryan 1-2
I would say this match went as planned.  Nothing really stood out other than it appears that this feud will continue tonight on Raw.  D-Bryan is coming into his own with his character development.  He is as OVER as any one in the company right now.

The Miz vs Rey Mysterio
Predicted Winner: Miz
Actual Winner: Miz 2-2
I can honestly say that this is one of the best matches that I have ever seen out of Mr Mizanin.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Granted a lot of that has to be contributed to Rey, but the Miz appears to have improved greatly.  Hopefully he will not annoy me as much this go around.

Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio
Predicted Winner: Sheamus
Actual Winner: Sheamus 3-2
Did we get to see a heel turn out of Sheamus?  At least the live crowd seemed to turn on him after he drilled ADR will Ricky's shoe.  This feud appears to be continuing thru Night of Champions, where I fear that MR ADR will become the champ again.

Kofi/Truth v PTP'ers
Predicted Winner: PTP'ers
Actual Winner: Kofi and Truth 3-3
It appears the the demise of AW may have been the demise of the Prime Time Players.  I was really surprised that they kept the straps on Kofi and Truth.  I like them as a tag team, but it may be time for the young cats to get a little burn.  I would not mind seeing Kofi and Truth chasing the belts for a little while.

CM Punk vs Big Show vs John Cena
Predicted Winner: CM Punk
Actual Winner: CM Punk 4-3
The moment of the night has to go to the double submission/Big Show tap out.  A very interesting spot that I did not see coming.  It is obvious that they are building to a Cena/Punk re-match at NOC, which in Boston could be an electric crowd (not quite Chicago).  A decent match, but the Big Show just seemed to drag the match down.

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar
Actual Winner: Brock Lesnar 5-3
I was a little disappointed in this match, but I was happy with the result.  Whatever they have planned for Lesnar, he has to become the MONSTER that we all know he is.  Losing to Cena really hurt Brock, and beating Triple H gets some of his cred back, but he still has a long way to go.  If the rumors are true and he isn't wrestling again until Survivor Series, I will be interested to see how they use him up until then.

Overall a decent show.  I would have to give the MOTN award to Dolph Ziggler and Chris Jericho with Miz/Rey close behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment