Sunday, April 1, 2012

WrestleMania 28 Predictions

When I started doing this blog I planned on doing Predictions for every WWE PPV.  That went out the window when I did not do them for the Elimination Chamber.  However I am back and better than ever and ready for the Grandest Stage of Them All.

If you remember, I did predictions for the Royal Rumble.  I went 2 for 4 (2-2) on those predictions.  That 50% rate is not good enough.  Hopefully I can do better this time around.

Kane vs Randy Orton
I honestly look for this to be a decent match.  Kane is underrated in a lot of ways.  Orton has improved over the years and is very capable of a great match.  I look for the match to last 10-15 minutes.  Not much bulid has been put into this match, as I feel it was just a good way to get two of the bigger stars on the Mania card.
Predicted Winner: Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes vs Big Show for the IC Championship
I am glad that the IC belt is being defended on the show.  The belt has to much history in the WWE not to be defended on the card.  Cody has had a long run with the title, albeit with not much competition.  Big Show is just coming off of being the the World Title picture, so him going for the IC title is a little strange.  Once again I predict another 10-15 match that is going to be decent.  Rhodes is greatly improved recently, and the Big Show is very capable of putting on a good match despite his size.
Predicted Winner: Big Show

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny
The build for this has been good.  I have honestly enjoyed the build-up for this match as much as I have any other match.  I am honestly looking forward to it, although I think the result of this match is pretty obvious.  
Predicted Winner: Team Johnny

Beth Phoenix and Eve vs Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos
Predicted Winner: Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos

Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan
I am looking forward to this match.  Bryan is well known as a great wrestler and is in the debate for the best wrestler in the world.  Sheamus is underrated in my book.  His straight forward, high impact style or wrestling is very effective.  he brings an intensity that no one else currently brings.  I look for this to be a good match that last 25 minutes.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship
Everyone is predicting this to be the match of the year, and I hope it is, however I am afraid this may be somewhat of a let down.  Can these two guys live up to the hype?  I hope so because they are both STUDS in the ring.  Look for 30 Minutes for quality wrestling.
FYI, this is the hardest match of the night for me to call.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

Undertaker vs Triple H - Hell In A Cell
I could analysis this for a long time, however this match it plan and simple.  STREAK goes to 20-0
Predicted Winner: Undertaker

John Cena vs The Rock
The energy for this match is going to be through the roof.  I do not think it is going to live up to the Hogan v Rock match at WM18, however the crowd is going to be HOT.  These two are going to have a ton of time to tell a story in this match.  I look for a 45 minute match.  There are a few ways this one could play out, but considering one guy is a full-timer I believe only one result would make sense......
Predicted Winner: John Cena

No comments:

Post a Comment