Sunday, April 29, 2012

WWE Extreme Rules Predictions

WWE Extreme Rules takes place tonight from Chicago.  Honestly I feel that this is a show that can set the tone for a very good summer for the WWE.  The crowd will be hot, as all Chicago crowds are.  We get to see the return to the ring of Brock Lesnar, plus the Second City Savior gets to defend his title in front of his home crowd.  Not to forget we get a nice 2 out of 3 falls match for the World Heavyweight Championship.

As for my predictions, I bounced back from a so-so Royal Rumble Performance with a very solid 6-2 showing for WrestleMania.  This PPV gives us some very interesting match-ups that are very difficult to call.

Photo via WWE.com.

Photo Credit to WWE.com

RANDY ORTON v KANE - Falls Count Anywhere
I do not think this match will be as good as their WrestleMania match, which was decent at best.  As shocking as it was for Kane to win at WrestleMania, I don't look for them to shock us much with the outcome of this one.  
Predicted Winner: Randy Orton

NIKKI BELLA V BETH PHOENIX - WWE Divas Championship
The story says that Beth is injured so if this match takes place I think it is a no-brainer that Nikki will take the win.  However, it would not surprise me for Beth to no-show and Kharma show up.  Even if that match does take place, Kharma is in the near future for Miss Bella.
Predicted Winner: Nikki Bella, if scheduled match takes place.
                             Kharma, if she fills in for an injured Phoenix.

BIG SHOW v CODY RHODES - WWE Intercontinental Championship
This is one of those matches that I honestly feel is a toss up.  At WM, Big Show ended Cody's long reign as IC Champ.  However, I feel that Shows win was simply a way to give him his WrestleMania moment.  So I can see this one going either way.  At first I though that Cody may be put into the WHC title picture after losing the IC strap, however now I am leaning towards them giving him another IC run.
Predicted Winner: Cody Rhodes

DANIEL BRYAN V SHEAMUS - 2 out of 3 Falls - World Heavyweight Championship
I look for the first fall of this match to be similar to their entire WrestleMania match.  After that I think these two will put on a good show.  It would not surprise me if this is the match of the night once all is said and done.  Look for Sheamus to win the first fall.  Bryan to pick up a cheap win in the 2nd fall.  Then a Brogue Kick to end the match.
Predicted Winner: Sheamus

CM PUNK V CHRIS JERICHO - Chicago Street Fight - WWE Championship
Although these are two of the best technical wrestlers in the world, don't expect anything less than a fight in this one.  The feud has been built up well and things have turned personal between Jericho and Punk.  I originally thought that Jericho winning would be a good way to extend the feud another month, however now I do not see that happening.  Plus if Punk doesn't win in Chicago, fans may RIOT.
Predicted Winner: CM Punk

BROCK LESNAR V JOHN CENA - Extreme Rules
I am interested to see Lesnar's return to the ring.  The extreme rules stipulation is a good way to cover up any ring rust that he may have.  I just can't see Lesnar losing in this one.  I do not think the WWE brings him back to lose his first tilt.  Plus, Lesnar winning helps further this change in Cena's character.
I am personally not a fan of the semi-burial of Cena as of late, but if it brings Cena back better than ever  , I am all for it.
Predicted Winner: Brock Lesnar

Side Note: Santino v The Miz is set to air on the Youtube Pre-Show, however I have decided not to make an official prediction for the match.  With no build up I just cant make my mind up.  I would like see see Santino win, but I am fearful that they are going to give the belt to Miz.

Also look for make shift matches for Lord Tensai and Brodus Clay.  I also wouldn't be surprised if we did not see the Tag Champs tonight.

Leave me some feedback and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment