Monday, June 11, 2012

Slammiversary Highlights

First off, I want to start by saying that I was impressed with TNA's effort last night.  I can honestly say that it was a better PPV than the last few that the WWE has had to offer.  I am glad that I decided to order the show.  Hopefully they can carry on with the momentum that they have going and put together some quality TV heading into Destination X and ultimately Bound for Glory!

HIGHLIGHTS

*Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe for the X-Division Championship - Simply put, both guys brought it!  A Double continues to show that he is one of the best wrestlers in the world.  Every time we get to see him we are watching a Superstar being born.  He has the "It Factor".  Samoa Joe brought it like it was 2006.  I was glad to see him once again perform to his potential.  
The match was a great pick to start the show.  Aries and Joe set the standard for the night and most everyone lived up to that standard.  After winning the match, Aries said he was going for Main Event status and I believe he is more than ready.  I hope TNA has something in mind for him.
Joe looked to be back his old self.  I hope his performance last night show the TNA brass that he can still bring it.  I hope that they push him back to where he needs to be.  He doesn't have to be in the Main Event all the time, but he does need to be relevant.

*Kurt Angle and AJ Styles vs Daniels and Kazarian - All I can say about this match is WOW! Rarely does a tag match have a chance to be Match of the Year, but in this case the match has to be in consideration.  All 4 guys brought their A-game last night.  The match delivered from bell to bell.  Those of you who did not watch the PPV, you missed out on a classic.  I am giving this the Match of the Night award, but the Aries-Joe match is right there.

*Sting to the HOF - I know that many people are saying that TNA doesn't need a HOF yet, with that withstanding I think Sting was an excellent first choice.  Sting was the first true Superstar to jump to TNA and stay there.  He has had multiple offers to jump to the WWE and decided to stay.  Granted Jeff Jarrett and a few other belong in the first class, the announcement of Sting as the first member was a win for me.
The word going around is that no-one, other than a select few, knew who was getting the nod.  It honestly looked like Sting was surprised, which made the moment even better.

There were other good moments, but those are the three best moments of the night for me.

MOMENT TO FORGET
*Devon and Garrett Bischoff vs Robbie E and Robbie T - This match was doomed from the start.  Devon is the best wrestler of the bunch with Robbie E close behind.  Robbie T and Garrett are terrible. They have no business in the ring together.  The match could have been worse, but it was bad.

Overall the show was a very good one.  It honestly has me excited to see what TNA has in-store.  Lets all hope that they can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment