Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Destination X Results

I know this is a little late, but I say better late than never.  I am just going to give a quick overview to each match along with my Prediction results.

LAST CHANCE QUALIFIER - Rubix v Mason Andrews v Lars Only v Dakota Darsow
Over there was some very good action in this one.  Rubix and Andrews were by far the stars of the match.  The crowd really seemed to get behind Rubix, (I would expect to see him back in a TNA ring at some point soon).  Mason Andrews ended up getting the win.
Predicted Winner: Mason Andrews 1-0

Mason Andrews v Kid Kash
Immediately following the LCQ, Andrews had to fight Kid Kash in an X-Division tourney match.  A decent match with nothing spectacular but I good solid under card match.  Andrews picked up the win with a surprise roll-up.
Predicted Winner: None of the four guys I picked to enter the Ultimate X were in this match so I did not have a chance.  1-1

Douglas Williams v Kenny King
Another decent match.  I was impressed with King.  Extremely athletic and charismatic.  I look forward for him to hang around and would not be surprised if he didn't get a shot at the X-Division title some point soon.  On the other hand, Williams looked out of shape and slow.
Predicted Winner: I had both guys picked in the Ultimate X Match.  2-1

Sonjay Dutt v Rashad Cameron
This was a solid match-up.  IMO Dutt looks as good as he ever has.  I am loving the finisher!  Cameron has the look and I expect him to come back.
Predicted Winner: Sonjay Dutt 3-1

Zema Ion v Flip Casanova
Probably the worst of the qualifying matches.  Casanova is a high flier and most could consider him a spot monkey. I have no problem with that, however I just don't think that he and Ion had very good chemistry.   Ion picked up the win is this one
Predicted Winner: Zema Ion 4-1

BFG Series - Kurt Angle v Samoa Joe
As expected, we got an excellent match out of these two.  When you put two wrestlers of this caliber in the ring more often than not the product is going to be a good one, and that it was.  Anytime these two get in the ring together it is a MOTN contender and on any other night, it probably would have been on this night as well.  Samoa Joe picked up the win after choking out Angle.  The ref stopped it as Angle was unresponsive.
Predicted Winner : Kurt Angle 4-2

Last Man Standing - Daniels v AJ Styles
A lot of the things that I just wrote about the Angle/Joe match could be said about this one.  Daniels and Styles know each other inside and out.  After starting slow, the match delivered on all accounts.  Daniels had my favorite spot of the match when he argued with a couple of fans at ringside.  I found it very entertaining.
If you get a chance to check out the ending of the match on Youtube you need to do so.  AJ hit a brutal Styles Clash, off of the stage though a table which ended up winning him that match when Daniels couldn't make it to his feet, while AJ had to pull himself up via the railng, ala Rocky/Apollo Creed.
Predicted Winner: Daniels 4-3

Ultimate X - Kenny King v Zema Ion v Sonjay Dutt v Mason Andrews
I am not going to spend much time on this one as I believe it was underwhelming considering the type of match it was.  As far as Ultimate X matches go, this one fell flat.
During the match Dutt dislocated his shoulder, went to the back and popped it back into place and returned to finish the match.  Props to you Sonjay.
Zema Ion picked up the win.
Predicted Winner: Kenny King 4-4

TNA TITLE - Bobby Roode v Austin Aries
All I can say about this one is, MOTY favorite at this point in time.  Roode and Aries brought it.  A Double has turned the corner in his career and He, Roode and James Storm are the guys in TNA.  This match was worth buying the entire PPV.  TNA knocked it out of the park with his one.
Aries picked up the win to win the TNA Heavyweight Championship
Predicted Winner: Bobby Roode 4-5

As far as predictions go, Ultimate X was not a good showing for me.  Hopefully I can get back on track with MITB this weekend!

Overall I would rate the show an A.  TNA is on a roll

No comments:

Post a Comment