Friday, July 6, 2012

TNA Destination X Predictions

Going to make the leap and start predicting the TNA PPVs.  Up until the last two months I have not watched enough TNA to have a good enough grasp on things to try to predict matches.  With that said, I have been watching TNA weekly for the last couple of months so now I will be doing TNA predictions along with my WWE predictions.

Destination X is a rough PPV to do predictions for as the final card is no totally finished.  There are Ultimate X qualifying matches during that show that have not been announced yet.  We know most of the participants, but we do now know who they will be wrestling.  So in a way I am going into some of these matches blind.

LAST CHANCE 4-WAY -- Dakota Darsow v Rubix v Lars Only v Mason Andrews
This one could really do any way as these 4 guys really have no history in TNA to go off of.  Whoever wins will get the 8th spot in the X-Division tourney being held that night.  This is going to be a shot in the dark.
PREDICTED WINNER: Mason Andrews

X-DIVISION TOURNEY - Douglas Williams/Kid Kash/Zema Ion/Flip Casanova/Kenny King/Rashad Cameron/Sonjay Dutt/???
Considering that the specific match-ups have not been announced I am going to pick the 4 guys who I believe will qualify for the Ultimate X match.  Once again this is a tough one.
PREDICTED WINNERS: Douglas William, Zema Ion, Kenny King, Sonjay Dutt

ULTIMATE X MATCH - TBA
If my predictions are off for the tournament matches then I will have no shot at getting this one correct.
PREDICTED WINNER: Kenny King

BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES - Samoa Joe v Kurt Angle
This is a match that is guaranteed to deliver.  We all know that both of these guys are going to bring it.  Joe has recently been performing back up to par, while Kurt never fails to live up to the expectations.  With this being a BFG series match, with no real feud behind it, that makes the match a little bit harder to call.  However I expect a great match between these two.
PREDICTED WINNER: Kurt Angle

LAST MAN STANDING - AJ STYLES V CHRISTOPHER DANIELS
These two guys know each other so well that this match is guaranteed to deliver.  Most likely the MOTN with the potential for MOTY.  I do not expect this whole Claire Lynch storyline to end just yet so IMO there is only one way this match will go.
PREDICTED WINNER: Christopher Daniels

TNA CHAMPIONSHIP - Austin Aries v Bobby Roode
This is another match that is going to deliver.  Both guys have proven that they are at the top of the TNA heap.  Aries is proving that he is one of the best wrestlers in the world.  A Double has the entire package.  TNA has made sure the the "It Factor" is the face of the company and he has succeeded at that.  I think Aries will Ultimately be the Champ, but I do not think he gets it just yet.  In addition to that Aries winning would put a swerve on the apparent plans for a Storm-Roode match-up at BFG.
I would like to see A Double walk away with the title, but I honestly don't think it is going to happen this Sunday.
PREDICTED WINNER: Bobby Roode

Overall I expect a great show to continue the trend that TNA is currently on.
Follow on twitter: @WrestleWatchman

No comments:

Post a Comment