Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Heath Slater: Ruler of the Jobber World

Those of you that watched Monday Night Raw last night go to see the OMRB Heath Slater break his recent losing streak, with a victory over returning legend (I use legend loosely in this case) Doink the Clown.
Photo Coutesy of WWE.com
Granted Slaters momentum did not last long as DDP slapped him with a Diamond Cutter shortly after his win.  On a side note, DDP's Diamond Cutter is a million times better than the RKO!

Prior to last nights victory, Slater was marred in a 10 bout losing streak.  His last win before last night occurred on the May 17th episode of Superstars in a match with Alex Riley, who could be the "face" equivalent of Slater as far as jobbers go.

Slater's losing streak went as follows:
May 20 - Over The Limit - Lost in the Pre-Show Battle Royal which was won by Christian
May 23 - NXT - Lost to Percy Watson
May 24 - Superstars - Lost to Zack Ryder
June 1 Smackdown - Lost to Sin Cara
June 6 NXT - Lost in a tag match with Johnny Curtis to Justin Gabrel and Tyson Kidd
June 11 - Raw - Lost to Vader
June 15 Smackdown - Lost to Brodus Clay
June 22 - Smackdown - Lost to Zack Ryder
June 25 - Raw - Lost to Sid
June 28 - Superstars - Lost to Kane
*Also in the middle of that span, Slater was punked by Roddy Piper, Wendi Richter and Cyndi Lauper

As much as I have disliked the OMRB from the beginning of this NXT time, I have to say that I have enjoyed his recent stuff.  His current storyline of jobbing to the legends has been entertaining.  Even though he is losing in squash matches, he is on TV.  Which says that someone in the back must be high on him.

Personally, I do not think he is great on the mic, (granted he has been better recently but you can tell that his pre-legend match promos are 100% scripted), I also do not think he is very good in the ring.  Luckily for Slater I am not the one booking the shows.

I have heard rumors that there is supposed to be a big pay-off at the end of this storyline, so I am assuming on the 1000 episode of RAW we will find out.  

Until then I suggest that you enjoy your winning streak Heath, as I figured it will be short lived.  (I wouldn't be surprised if it did not end tonight on the Live Smackdwon Great American Bash)

As a final note, With his win on Monday Slater improved his 2012 match record to 5-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment