Saturday, January 28, 2012

On the Eve of the Rumble

Photo Credit to WWE.com
First off I want to start of by saying that the Royal Rumble is probably my favorite PPV of the year.  Wrestlemania is a very close second, but for me nothing is like the Rumble.  The Rumble sets us off on the Road to Wrestlemania.  The Rumble gets all the major storylines for the year up and running.  It is the place were the next great superstars are born.
This years Rumble is shaping up to be a good one.  We have some great storylines heading into the show.  Not only do we have the great Punk/Laurinaitis/Ziggler drama over the WWE Championship, we also have the Kane/Cena Embrace the Hate semi-mess, and we have a great story in the Bryan/Show/Henry battle over the World Heavyweight Championship.
CM Punk vs Dolph Ziggler has the chance to be the match of the year if they give it enough time.  Both of these guys bring it every night.  They are both at the top of the food chain in the WWE as far as in-ring performers go.  I expect nothing less than a 4* match out of these two guys.
Although Kane vs John Cena is not going to be a technical showcase, I am interested in seeing how this plays out.  Kane has dominated Cena up until this point.  One would think that Cena is going to get the best of Kane sooner or later, but with all of the changes Cena's character is going through it is hard to tell.
The triple threat cage match between Daniel Bryan, Big Show, and Mark Henry is also an interesting one in m book.  One would think that Bryan has no chance competing against those two monsters.  I will interested to see if Mark Henry is going to be able to go as he is coming off of a knee injury on Smackdown.  
And as we all know the Royal Rumble match itself is a hard one to call.  I love the unexpected entrants.  That is what makes it exciting to me.

MY RUMBLE PREDICTIONS
*Kane defeats John Cena - I am going out on a limb here.  I feel that if they let Kane win that he will help further Cena embrace the hate.  Kane's win would make Cena realize that he must make some changes.
*CM Punk over Dolph Zigger - Dolph will be a champ before the year is over, I just don't think right now is the time.  They need to keep developing him a little bit more.  I feel that he needs to drop Vicki as she has done her job already.  I think that Punk deserves to be the champ as Wreslemania.
*Daniel Bryan over Big Show and Mark Henry - I love Bryan's current heel run.  He is doing a great job  in getting the character heat.  There are some great feuds ahead if Bryan hangs on to the title.  I also feel he will hold on to the title at least until Wrestlemania.

The Royal Rumble Match
*We already know The Miz is entrant number 1.  Look for R-Truth to come in a #2.
*Ziggler, Punk, Cena, and Kane will all be in the match after competing earlier in the night.
*Mick Foley will eliminate Dolph Ziggler setting up a future feud.
*Goldust will enter the Rumble and eliminate Cody Rhodes.
*Batista or RVD will return for the Rumble.
*The Final Five superstars in the Rumble will be: Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Randy Oron, CM Punk and Chris Jericho.
*Chris Jericho will win the Royal Rumble Match.

Those are my predictions.  I went out on a limb for a few of them, but we will see what happens. 
Leave me your match predictions.  If a few of you leave them we will have a contest.  Who ever gets the most correct is the winner and I will let the person write a post for the blog after the Rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment