Monday, January 16, 2012

Post Raw Evaluations

*Whats next for John Cena and Kane?
I really liked the story development this week.  Cena is starting to embrace the hate.  It was nice to see Cena start to show some more emotion.  Whether or not Cena ultimately turns heel or not doesn't matter to me.  As long as he can change things up I am happy.  We are starting to see some more layers to the Cena character, and that is thanks to Kane.
*What does Chris Jericho have planned next?
First off, Jericho's segment in Johnny Aces office was brilliant.  As far as the main event goes.  After they announced that he would team with Punk and Bryan, I knew that he wouldn't wrestle.  I did not know how he was going to get out of it though.  I assumed that he simply wouldn't take the tag when it came his way.  However, what happened was better yet.  After getting tagged it by CM Punk, Jericho did the same routine that he has done the last two weeks.  Prancing around and getting the crowd all hyped.  But this time after doing it for a short period, he tagged Daniel Bryan in and left.  Simply Brilliant.  
*What will happen with the New Tag Team Champs?
Air Boom got their automatic re-match and were unsuccessful.  I was glad that they let Epico and Primo keep the belts.  I like the tag team.  Hopefully they can continue to develop the division.  The Uso's need more TV time and it would be nice to see Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins get some time to develop into another quality team.
*Will Zack Ryder be able to defend his US Title vs Jack Swagger?
Once again I think WWE dropped the ball.  I hope there is more to this and after watching the few segments following the match I think there may be.  I understand playing up the Ryder is hurt angle, but why are we sacrificing the US title for it.  Ziggler brought some prestige back to the title and Ryder was not hurting the belt.  I am not saying that Swagger will not be a good champion, however Ryder needed to have the title longer.
*Who does the Funkasauras get to destroy next?
Apparently I picked the wrong jobber this week.  I totally forgot about JTG.  In JTG's defense he did last longer than Tyson Kidd.  I see more jobbers ahead for Mr. Clay as he is developing the character even more.

Overall I feel the show was a very good one.  The touches of Foley were great.  The crowd seemed to be eating it up.  They are doing a good job of developing feuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment